IFLA/OCLC Fellowship Program

| | Bookmark or Share

It’s that time of the year again when librarians from countries with developing economies have the opportunity to apply for one of the five seats to participate in the four-week Jay Jordan IFLA/OCLC Early Career Development Fellowship Program to meet and interact with leading information practitioners, OCLC staff, visit libraries, and explore topics including information technologies, library operations and management, and global cooperative librarianship.

The Jay Jordan IFLA/OCLC Early Career Development Fellowship Program started in 2001 and has welcomed 60 librarians from 33 countries. During the four-week program the selected candidates visit libraries in the United States (including the Library of Congress), learn more about the OCLC global cooperative governance structure and its projects for the library community, and share their experiences as librarians in their own countries.

The deadline for application for the 2013 Jay Jordan IFLA/OCLC Early Career Development Fellowship Program is 17 February 2012 and the program guidelines and applications are available via this link:
http://www.oclc.org/us/en/community/careerdevelopment/fellows/

Good luck!

Programa de Desarrollo Profesional IFLA/OCLC
Es la época del año otra vez cuando los bibliotecarios de países de economías en desarrollo tienen la oportunidad de postularse a uno de los cinco asientos para tomar parte en el Programa de Becas de Desarrollo Profesional Temprano Jay Jordan IFLA/OCLC de cuatro semanas, para encontrarse e interactuar con los profesionales lideres de información, el equipo de OCLC, visitar las bibliotecas, y explorar temas incluyendo las tecnologías de información, operaciones y gestión de biblioteca, y la bibliotecología cooperativa global.

El Programa de Becas de Desarrollo Profesional Temprano Jay Jordan IFLA/OCLC comenzó en 2001 y ha dado la bienvenida a 60 bibliotecarios de 33 países. Durante el programa de cuatro semanas los candidatos seleccionados visitan las bibliotecas en Estados Unidos (incluso la Library of Congress), aprenden más acerca de la estructura de gobierno de la cooperativa global OCLC y sus proyectos para la comunidad de la biblioteca, y comparten sus experiencias como bibliotecarios en sus propios países.

La fecha límite para postularse al Programa de Becas de Desarrollo Profesional Temprano Jay Jordan IFLA/OCLC para 2013 es el día 17 de febrero de 2012 y las pautas del programa y el formulario de solicitud están disponibles a través de este enlace:
http://www.oclc.org/us/es/community/careerdevelopment/fellows/

¡Buena suerte!

About the Author

Lucia Shelton

I work in the Latin America and the Caribbean Division at OCLC. I speak Portuguese and Spanish which allows me to communicate with the librarians in the region. Sometimes, my colleagues at the Division will join me here to share their views as well....

More »

Syndication

Library Events

OCLC AMERICAS REGIONAL COUNCIL FORUM 
Join

September  16 to 21

Gramado (Brazil)

XVII SNBU
Event detail